Currently we have 2 teams who play in the under 11 ifa grassroots programme and these games are played at various locations around Belfast.
EVERY game is a friendly game. There are no scores recorded, no points. This is NOT a league. It is a programme which aims to have teams playing age appropriate football in a player-centric environment to develop the player, the coach and the spectator. 9-a-side games are 2 halves of 25 minutes.
Cliftonville F.D.C technical and tactical vision for this age group is:
- Ages 10 -12
- These ages are the skill hungry years. Motivationally, children are geared to learn skills at this time, therefore, this is an ideal opportunity for focusing on building the skills of the game onto the movement skills of the children
- Competition opportunities should reflecting developmental principles (e.g equal playing time for all) through small-sided games (Developmental 4’s, Soccer 7’s)
- Key physical qualities to develop in every training session are speed and agility
- Coaches should focus on developing confidence, through fostering and reinforcing success in achieving basic goals for each player
- Parents and players need to be educated on the lifestyle factors (nutrition, hydration, recovery, support) that underpin player development